Cookies

We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

Who are the Lions

Looking for something interesting to do?
Think you could make a difference?
Got a few hours to spare?

Want to give something back to your local area?

WHO WE ARE

Moseley and Kings Heath Lions Club covers this area of South Birmingham.

All our members are volunteers and are local people who are prepared to help those in need or to get involved with issues that affect the local community and also National and even International projects.

The club members get together on the second and fourth Wednesday of every month at Lions HQ -257 Alcester Road South, Kings heath B14 6DT

We belong to the Midlands district of Lions Clubs which has 60 Lions clubs, with over 900 caring men and women who volunteer their time to help others.

We are ordinary people doing some amazing things, trying to find solutions to meet the needs of individuals and communities.

Fun and friendships are an important aspect of every Lions Club and social events which reflect the interests of members are regularly organised by clubs such as ours.

We are always looking for new members – like minded people who have the time and commitment to serve their local community.

If you are interested in finding out more about who we are and what we do, please click on the Contact Us  at the top of the page I look forward to hearing from you.

What is the age range ?

Lions will welcome you whatever your age. 

Do I have to live in this area?

No. In fact we already have Lions living in Birmingham, Rowley Regis and Bromsgrove

Is it all meetings ?

No.   We do  meet twice a month on the second and fourth Wednesday. Whilst the first meeting is a formal business meeting the second one is more of a social depending upon our needs. You are not required to attend every meeting. We do several activities including; service, fundraising and socials

Is it expensive ?

Our annual fee is only £95, in other words just over £1.50 per week, so the answer has got to be “no”

Do I have to be a professional person to join Lions ?

No. Lions welcome everyone from all backgrounds and walks of life, male or female, whether you are working or retired, providing you share in our objectives – to serve the local community.

Is Lions just fundraising?

Certainly not. We have a variety of community service activities e.g. supporting youth, the elderly, those with disabilities and health.

But did you know that Lions International raised $135m with the intention of eradicating preventable blindness throughout the world ?

How much time will I have to commit to Lions ?

The commitment is only what  you choose to make it. 

How can I find out whether I would enjoy Lions ?

Contact us via the “Contact Us” page or phone us on 0345 833 9502.

We will tell you more about our Club, answer any further questions you may have, and invite you to a social event or Club meeting.

There is no obligation.

Lions Clubs International is the world’s largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.

Moseley and kings Heath Lions Club Who are the Lions